December 1, 2016

December 1: Starting with Whoville

To begin my December journey, I first asked the Holy Spirit for direction(s). And then I heard: That's the wrong question. And then I defensively responded about my openness to His guidance. And after this prayerful dance concluded, I was sure that I need to start in Whoville. Who do I need to forgive? Today I choose to forgive. I understand that unforgiveness in me blocks God's forgiveness for me. Jesus challenged listeners to stop in the middle of giving a gift at the altar in order to make things right with a brother. (Matthew 5:24) Preparing my heart for Christmas begins with a clean heart towards the people in my life.
 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6: 14-15

OK, Lord. It's December 1. WHO do I need to forgive? 

No comments:

Post a Comment