June 30, 2009

Last Stop on Generations Tour

Serenbe Inn, Palmetto, Georgia
"How to Bless the Next Generation"

On Saturday, June 27, I had the honor of spending the day with a group of precious believers from Newnan, Georgia. They were so open and responsive to the Word that I shared. Our meeting room was secluded at a beautiful inn, on a farm that instantly relaxes you as you drive its narrow roads, passing lovely homes, a farmer's market, shops and restaurants. It is a community designed to be tucked away.

This Encouragement Event was timely for me as I conclude this series and begin to prepare and pray about the next season for this ministry. I know that this place and others like it will be great venues for future Devoted Living Retreats. Our hope is to offer at least two reatreats in 2010, one back in the Atlanta area and one in Orlando as well. An event in Huntsville, Alabama is also on the calendar for late 2009. We hope that you can join us for worship, encouragement from God's Word, and a time to retreat from the world.

I have no ambition for this ministry, but I do have a desire to press on to God's next assignment. I will obey. Although, this series has been so fruitful in my life and in others, I know that blessing the next generation is a wise investment for us all to make. As I was sharing last weekend, the Holy Spirit showed me an area where I was not practicing what I preach. As I was talking to the group, I knew that I had an appointment for Him to show me some things about the way I have been teasing and talking about my children. I am so grateful to be aware of this now; it would grieve me to not be walking this teaching with my own family. I choose to bless. (Deuteronomy 30)

Thank you to all of the friends that I have met and visited in the following cities over the past year in Alabama, Florida and Georgia: Daphne, Mobile, Foley, and Prattville, Alabama; Atlanta area, Georgia, Winter Springs and Orlando area, Florida. I hope to see you all again at future events. Let me know what God is doing in your life in any of the areas discussed on the website or at your Encouragement Event.

devotedliving@gmail.com

Fondly,
Leigh Ann Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment