January 26, 2009

Believe and Do Not Doubt

All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant. Psalm 25:10

As I plan for good things for my family and friends, I stand on faith. I wouldn't ask if I didn't believe that God loves us and has good in store for us. I can trust Him to heal hurts from my past. I know that He offers a fulfilling life now in the present. I seek His counsel for my future.

Since Christmas, though, each time I pray for blessings for my friends, I keep hearing these words: "Believe and do not doubt." He is teaching me that my prayer requests are taken seriously. He hears. He cares. He alone has the power to deliver these blessings. He is asking me to go a step further than I have gone before. To ask without doubting.

My new role as a prayer partner with my friends is to "not doubt." For me, this means to stand up for them when they are tired. To remind them of what God promised them. To offer perspective and power packed encouragement. I have waited a long time (years) for my prayers to be answered. God did answer. But it aches to wait and wait when we need Him to rescue us. We grow weary. That is why we need other believers to "spur us on." Even when we believe that He is our best hope. We still need to "not doubt."

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Hebrews 10:23-24

Mixing in a little doubt with our well toiled faith eventually draws weeds of discouragement into our garden. Our encouragement team can pull weeds (lies from the enemy), water us with God's word, and get us into direct sun for good communication with God.

Who is praying for you today? Who is on your team? If you're reading this, you are not alone in the fight for God's best for you.

With love,
Leigh Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment