August 5, 2008

Reliable or Random?

"They cried to You and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed." Psalm 22:5

I do believe, really I do, that He has come to give us life and for that life to be full. (John 10:10) I have lists of blessings and breakthroughs that have come from the Lord.

Why, then, do I still have a list of things that I do not take to the King of Kings? James remind us, "We have not because we do not ask." Then, there is a disconnect between what I believe and what I am doing. Is it possible that I still somewhere in my soul think that Jesus is doing random acts of kindness? Oh, I hope that I know better.

God is deliberately good. He is Healer and Deliverer. He is reliable. People- not so much. Oh, we try to be. Some are better than others. But when we assign God the characteristics of a good person, we mistake the nature of God. He is not even on the field with the "best" person that you know. Think of a good person. A generous person. A wise person. Not even close to the goodness, generosity and wisdom of the Lord.

When I hear "trust the Lord," I think, "Of course, He's so reliable."

To go deeper, Dan recommends: Read Ephesians 3:12 and Psalm 21:2.

No comments:

Post a Comment