February 6, 2011

The Real Deal

Proverbs 31 is all the rage
For Christian moms of any age.
Hardworking women and wives,
Though we can't all boast of organized lives.

Don't we treasure those productive days
When we overhear our husband's praise?
When grateful children bless our names
And God's love we can fully claim?

Let me confess that if truth were shared:
I've had some rough patches here and there.
On those days, I cling to a different list
It's filled with love notes I almost missed.

The truth is I'm loved even when I fail:
When we're out of milk or I've misplaced the mail.
The missive in I Corinthians 13:7
Offers me encouragement directly from heaven.

As a young bride, I did not have a clue
How much protecting one girl could do
My husband, my children, my friends in need,
"Love always protects" was for me to read.

Trade insecurity and jealousy here
This version of love is free and clear.
God started love and He shared it with us.
Here we learn that "love always trusts."

When stress and strife have stolen the fun
God replants love that was torched in the sun
"Love always hopes" to be realigned
Remember this is possible with His design.

Has commitment become just a sentence to serve?
Are you not enjoying this part of the curve?
Each season of life needs His power to thrive.
"Love always perseveres" and brings new life.

Those Proverbs 31 women are great, no doubt
But Love Chapter women make me shout!
God directs us to loves that last.
He adds the "always" to any cast.

LOVE:
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
and always perseveres.
I Corinthians 13:7

No comments:

Post a Comment