March 7, 2011

Slowing Down

From my "38" Journal
April 19, 2010

The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

If we stop reading after the first sentence, we will miss the point here. I was once taught that this verse proves that everything that ever happens is God's timing and God's will. I now understand that this verse is explaining why we are still waiting for the return of Jesus. He delays so that more generations will know Him and spend eternity with Him.

I want this brand of patience with others, Lord. Help me to release my demanding, frantic timetable and gather more people in my net. To drag a wide net and pull in more. . .To slow down and be patient with people, who are stuck .
Because of some doctrine or debate or decision or disappointment.

I repent for hurrying past needs. I repent of impatience with those who are stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment