June 26, 2010

12 candles shining


What you say goes, God, and stays as permanent as the heavens.

Your truth never goes out of fashion. It is as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up.

Your Word and truth are as dependable as ever; that's what you ordered- you set the earth going.

If your revelation had not delighted me so, I would have given up when the hard times came. Psalm 118:89-92 (MSG)


We are celebrating our oldest daughter's 12th birthday this weekend. She is worthy of her own blog entry. Dan and I are honored to be her parents and are so pleased that she is also our sister in Christ. There is something I've noticed in her that is worth mentioning on this birthday. She walks in the light, and people are drawn to that light. So often, I see new people come into our lives and talk about what is "special" and "different" about Julia. Yes, there is an extrovert at the heart of this story. She loves people. She finds it easy to love God's people and to pray for people who need to be God's people. But she carries a torch with her. She is ready to shine whenever she's called upon.


But walking in the Light, even when it is unpopular or difficult, is what keeps the bright light shining. She is only beginning to make some hard choices. But what happens now will affect her life for years to come. I am praying for strength and focus within her as she pursues new depth in her walk with the Lord. I pray on this birthday that Your Word and truth, Lord, would anchor Julia when the ground begins to shake. I pray for her to find delight in Your revelation, and that she will not give up when hard times come.


Her 12 candles are shining. I am praying for more holy fire for her!

Bless her year, Lord. Thank you for J-u-l-i-a!

No comments:

Post a Comment