November 23, 2012

Shiny

Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let Him hear. Matthew 13:43


For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 
2 Corinthians 4:6


In past years, I have studied and prayed and shared about the power of faith to fight fear. These polar opposite ideas are at war within every believer. Will we stand strong, remembering the goodness of God or will we buckle and fret and stress, thinking of every disastrous scenario? Faith in our Rescuer or fear of the future?

Recent weeks have discouraged politically conservative Americans. Some desires and ideologies seem to be folding into the pages of history books. Discouragement can morph into fear if left unchecked. But the prayers of concern in my heart always wrap with voices and verses of reassurance. These apply in life's moments that I absolutely cannot control. Am I a believer or a reactionary?

My uncertain future has always been thus. My shaky circumstances are probably not changing anytime soon. My Rescuer has not changed. Ever. His consistency and reliability and strength is a safe place to anchor my faith.

As we enter the Christmas season, I notice people and movies asking me to Believe in Santa or Believe in myself. My faith and beliefs are not vague ideas but are linked to one specific port.

I invite believers to be shiny for Jesus, because our future is bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment